2013 official test kicks off just before the Chinese New Year break. China Formula Grand Prix 中國方程式大獎賽 (CFGP) pitting 5 cars out on the Zhuhai International Circuit (ZIC). Formerly known as Asian Geely Formula International Open Competition, is an open wheel formula racing class in China.
The car, co-designed by Geely, China’s biggest private-owned vehicle producer and racing cars production company Van Diemen, marks the first time that a Chinese domestic car producer is involved in the racing car design.
CFGP uses a 1.8-litre 4G18 engine; the car weighs 490 kg and has a maximum speed of 240 km/h. The engine can produce 140 bhp at 6,300 rpm and 172 N/m of torque at 4,100 rpm. After an adjustment to the ECU, the engine can rev up to 8,500 rpm producing 200 bhp.
- Grand Prix likely to continue in Melbourne (news.theage.com.au)
- Jaguar F1 Meets Ocean’s 12 At Grand Prix Of Monaco (motortrend.com)
- V8s hold talks with China circuit (news.theage.com.au)
- Festival – Macau Grand Prix (chlad1103.wordpress.com)
- Nuerburgring circuit to host grand prix as planned (m.si.com)
- Postcards From Detroit: From the days when the Detroit Grand Prix was just that – A Grand Prix (motortrend.com)
- Ecclestone rules out 20th race for 2013 (miamiherald.com)
- Grand Prix hits Great Ocean Road (news.com.au)
- Sharing Some Quotes by the Great Grand Prix Drivers (from ‘The Red Helmet’) (grandprixchampion.wordpress.com)