The Marussia F1 Team is a young and ambitious Anglo-Russian challenger competing in the FIA Formula One World Championship. Headquartered at the new Marussia Technical Centre in Banbury, UK, the team is majority-owned by the Russian supercar marque,Marussia, based in Moscow.
With just two seasons of F1 competition under its belt, the team has enjoyed an extraordinary journey. It was founded in 2009, under the Resource Restriction Agreement that has redefined the sport’s commercial landscape, paving the way for exciting new entrants to challenge tradition and expectation. The Marussia F1 Team has been in the vanguard of a new era of Formula One, harnessing the commercial firepower of Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin group of companies, one of its founding partners, to establish an innovative racing team concept for the future.
Drivers Timo Glock and Charles Pic challenged hard in qualifying yesterday with Charles delivering an impressive qualifying performance to lead the team’s challenge. He starts from 21st position on the grid, directly in front of Timo, who had a less happy qualifying as he was unable to achieve a clean lap.
We’ll keep you posted with the results – hang tight!
Drift HD and 720 available at: http://www.gridmotorsportco.com/
- VPS.net Announces Partnership with the F1 team Marussia (vpssell.com)
- Driver hurt in F1 testing crash (bbc.co.uk)
- Marussia statement on Maria de Villota’s accident at Duxford (bertholdbouman.wordpress.com)
- Glock will not qualify in Valencia (formulaoneupdate.wordpress.com)
- Racing Driver Clings to Life (foxnews.com)
- F1 crash horror: Marussia Formula 1 driver Maria de Villota left fighting for her life after crashing during testing at Duxford airfield (mirror.co.uk)
- Marussia’s Glock out of European GP with illness (wistv.com)
- Marussia’s Glock out of European GP with illness (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Marussia’s Glock out of European GP with illness (kansascity.com)
- Maria de Villota back in Spain after Marussia testing accident (bertholdbouman.wordpress.com)